Ever get that call from support and you are nowhere near your computer? You now can access your VMware resources through your phone.
VMware vSphere Mobile Watchlist are found in both the Apple and Android app stores. This handy tool can help you resolve problem fast and make you out to be the hero!
Here is a snippet from the VMware vSphere Blog on features:
- Easily Create VM Watchlists: Select a subset of VMs from your VMware vSphere VM inventory to tell the app what VMs to track. Use multiple lists to organize these important VMs.
- VMs at a Glance: Review the status of these VMs from your device including: their state, health, console and related objects.
- Suggested KB Articles: Got an alert on your VM? Let VMware vSphere Mobile Watchlist suggest what KB Articles might help you or search the web to gather more information.
- Remediate Remotely: Use power operations to remediate many situations remotely from your device.
- Delegate To Your Team: For those situations where you are not able to fix an issue from the device, VMware vSphere Mobile Watchlist will enable you to share the VM and alert information along with any suggested KB articles and other web pages relevant to the current problem. Your colleagues back in the data center can use this context to resolve the issue.
Visit the VMware vSphere Mobile Watchlist Community forums to learn about the application. Let me know on Twitter how you plan on using this app and thanks for reading!