VMware vSphere Mobile Watchlist
Ever get that call from support and you are nowhere near your computer? You can now access your VMware resources through your phone.
VMware vSphere Mobile Watch list is found in both the Apple and Android app stores. This handy tool can help you resolve a problem fast and make you out to be the hero!
VMware vSphere Mobile Watch list
Here is a snippet from the VMware vSphere Blog on features:
- Easily Create VM Watch lists: Select a subset of VMs from your VMware vSphere VM inventory to tell the app what VMs to track. Use multiple lists to organize these important VMs.
- VMs at a Glance: Review the status of these VMs from your device including their state, health, console and related objects.
- Suggested KB Articles: Got an alert on your VM? Let VMware vSphere Mobile Watch list suggest what KB Articles might help you, or search the web to gather more information.
- Remediate Remotely: Use power operations to remediate many situations remotely from your device.
- Delegate To Your Team: For those situations where you cannot resolve an issue from the device, VMware vSphere Mobile Watch list will enable you to share the VM and alert information along with any suggested KB articles and other web pages relevant to the current problem. Your colleagues back in the data centre can use this context to resolve the issue.
Visit the VMware vSphere Mobile Watch list Community forums to learn about the application. Please let me know on Twitter how you intend to use this app, and thanks for reading.